Alberta Aviation Museum - Edmonton (Part 9)

When I arrived in Edmonton last April 2008, I used to pass Kingsway Avenue every time I travel from my place where I live in Downtown in Edmonton to anywhere, I used to see an airport beside this road. Before I thought it's the city's or town's commercial airport,  but it seems it's kind of small for that purpose. And one thing that I noticed, few planes are landing to or flying from this airport.

Then, I asked some of my colleagues that time about the place until I understand that it's city's airport that I used to see is not the international airport that I was thinking of. And as far as I recall, I had a long trip from Edmonton International Airport to Downtown Edmonton, and the airport that I saw is just near in Kingsway Avenue which is just a few minutes from the place  where I lived.





 
Edmonton City Centre Airport is also known as Blatchfold Field Airport where Alberta  Aviation Museum which I visited is located. At the front of the museum, you can see some of plane displays as a sign that the place is an aviation museum.




 I can't recall the name for the above plane 
but the small one on its right bottom is
Boeing CIM-10B BOMARC (1958)



 

McDonnell CF-101 Voodoo (1957) 

Most of the photos I got seems I am part of the photo, and because of that I tried to crop and modified  (see some blurry part of the photo?) photo so that things that I saw inside or outside the museum are more visible.


Canadair CL-13 Sabre I 


Beech D18S-3NM Expeditor (1952)


De Havilland Mosquito B.35 (representing FB.VI) (1943)

There are more planes that I saw but I haven't got of their pictures to show here. One of the unique things I experienced was when my buddy and I enter in Boeing 737-200 (1972), airplane, it is similar to the commercial plane we used to ride. And we were able to get inside the pilots area.


Inside Wester AirPlane (Boeing 737-200 (1972))


This plane above, I can't recall the name, so spare me for this one.

There are more planes to see in the aviation museum, and the great thing about it, it displays earlier airplanes that we may not be able to see flying anymore in our current time because they are now just part of aviation history.

After enjoying the tour inside the museum I bought some souvenirs as my remembrance from this museum.

I hope you enjoy this little story of mine about my tour in Aviation Museum in Edmonton Alberta, Canada which happened last June 7, 2008.

Read Users' Comments (2)

2 Response to "Alberta Aviation Museum - Edmonton (Part 9)"

  1. ~✽Mumsy✽~, on April 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM said:

    This has to be an awesome museum to see!

  2. Rebecca, on April 5, 2011 at 4:09 AM said:

    I love to go see that museum-very cool!